At Naden Lodge we feel a responsibility to protect the salmon and halibut stocks that the north coast has been blessed with. This starts with exhibiting good sportsmanship and conservation and ends with ensuring that those fish retained are handled with care and respect to ensure the product that ends up on your dinner table is the best it can be.
Scientific studies conducted on Haida Gwaii have shown that released fish have a greater than 85 percent chance of survival if properly handled and revived. To help aid in the conservation of fish stocks, we will again this year be offering an incentive to all of our guests to encourage them to voluntarily reduce their retention limits and to release trophy fish.
Here is How it Works:
- Two separate draws will be held – each for a free return trip to Naden Lodge
- The TROPHY RELEASE DRAW will be for all guests who agree to release salmon over 30 lbs. Your name will be entered for each fish released.
- The REDUCED LIMIT DRAW will be for all guests who voluntarily agree to reduce the number of fish retained to ½ of the legal limit
- Participation in these draws is completely voluntary and there is no obligation to participate
- Guests may participate in one or both of the draws
- Any guest wanting to participate in the REDUCED LIMIT DRAW must state their intention to do so at the beginning of the trip
Each of our boats is equipped with a measuring tape and weight chart to allow a guest releasing a fish the opportunity to determine its weight. The weight charts use a formula based on the length and girth of a fish and have been found to be very accurate.